Thursday, January 13, 2011

A garden miracle

Remember when the storm killed my dahlia?
 

The other day I kicked Marmite out of the house, and in protest he sat right in the pot where the destroyed dahlia had once lived (I hadn't done anything with the it yet).


{What are you doing Marmite?}

It couldn't have been very comfortable because there are seashells and things covering the dirt. He fidgeted quite a bit, but wanted to curl up in a little ball.


{Marmite hatching an egg}


He looked like a little chicken on a nest.

Or a strange kind of hybrid plant.


Then, a few days later I was just outside looking at my garden when I noticed a miracle!


Ok, so it's not like magic or anything, but it is more fun to think that Marmite sat on the pot like it was alittle nest and out came a little baby dahlia.


{The dahlia wasn't destroyed by the storm after all}


Isn't it cute?


Risen from the ashes of the old dahlia. Probably stronger and wiser this time...

2 comments:

  1. Both you and your sister's photo-story blog posts had me laughing really hard this week. ;) The cat with the magical hind-quarters! (Or a really strange hybrid plant).

    - Lauren

    Ladaisi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he! We have the same sense of humor. The energy in the room gets weirder when we are in it together...

    ReplyDelete